About The Volunteer Firefighter Program
The Fox Chapel Volunteer Fire Department (FCVFD) is always seeking new members. Community members residing in or in close proximity to the Borough of Fox Chapel are invited to join the FCVFD which has nearly 70 years of service to Fox Chapel and surrounding municipalities.
Fox Chapel depends on a corps of well-trained volunteers to fulfill its duty of providing fire suppression, rescue, and hazardous situation mitigation services to its residents. While the FCVFD is fortunate to have the best equipment and training available, and a long history of support from the Borough of Fox Chapel, we face the same manpower shortage which plagues so many of the municipalities in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. You need us and we need you!
Benefits of Volunteering
Benefits of volunteering with the FCVFD are numerous in both number and scope. Give us a try- you won’t be disappointed!
- Make a significant difference in the wellbeing of the community you call home.
- Personal and professional development – hone skills related to problem solving, teamwork and creativity, all while building self-confidence and gaining a true sense of purpose.
- Take part in the camaraderie and fellowship of the members. You will create new networks of accomplished individuals that you will respect, trust, and have the full support of to assure your success.
- No out of pocket expenses- All gear and training is provided and paid for by the FCVFD.
- You will be provided with a uniform and apparel (t-shirts, hats, etc.) to identify you as a member of the FCVFD. You will be regularly thanked for your service by the community.
- No fundraising obligations- you can focus 100% of your time volunteering towards training and helping others in times of need.
- Fun with a new family- we have regular social events to enjoy each other’s fellowship and friendship.
There is a role in the FCVFD for everyone- adults young and old, fit and not so fit coming from many walks of life. If you have an interest to serve with us, but firefighting does not seem like it suits you for whatever reason, there are other important roles that are essential to the operation and success of our department. The following are some examples of areas where your volunteer service could be of great help to the FCVFD:
- Administrative support
- Grant writing and record keeping
- Subject matter expertise
- Financial, treasury, and accounting operations
- Equipment maintenance
- Fire station maintenance
- Community engagement and public education
- Emergency management planning and preparedness
There is a role for everyone with the FCVFD!
How To Join
Please give us a try and learn more about the rewards of being a member of the FCVFD. We welcome your interest and questions.
Ways To Apply:
- Complete the online application linked below.
- You are also welcome to visit us on any Tuesday evening at 7:30 pm at our main station behind the Fox Chapel Borough Building located at:
If you have questions before you apply, let us know below and we’ll be in touch!