When it comes to fire safety you can never be too prepared. You play an important role in fire safety for yourself, your family, and your friends. There are some basic tips you should practice and be aware of to be prepared in the event of a fire. Prevent, Plan, and Practice!
- Learn stop, drop, and roll
- Have an escape plan and meeting point
- Call 911 once you are in a safe place
- Check with your parents that all smoke and fire alarms are working
- Do not play with matches or lighters
- Do not play with fireplaces, stoves, or anything else that gets hot when it is used
- If you see smoke or fire, never hide in a closet or under your bed. Leave your belongings and get to your family’s meeting point outside
- Have a fire drill at home with your family, just like you do at school!
The links below have more information, videos, and fun materials for you and your family to learn more. “BE FIRE WISE”.
Sparky The Fire Dog
Home fire safety tips, fire escape plans, the science of fire for kids – and so many more fun resources! Plus – complete the NFPA Kids challenges and you will become an official member of Sparky’s Fire Safety Club!
Learn Not To Burn
NFPA’s Learn Not to Burn programs reach children using proven educational strategies that incorporate our philosophy of teaching positive, practical fire safety messaging.